Keeping up with nutrition is an important part of successful body building and weight loss. Even if you have an excellent exercise regimen in place, you’re not going to get the results that you’re after unless you also eat the right foods and sports supplements where appropriate. Once you strike the right balance between exercise and diet, you’ll begin to see some great results quicker than you would without.
The foods you eat need to keep your body rich in protein, fats, vitamins and herbs, minerals and calories in order to stay in shape and stay healthy. All of these nutrients benefit your body in different ways and combined make for the complete health and fitness package.
- Protein helps you to build and repair muscle.
- Fats stimulate hormone production and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamins and minerals are beneficial to your health overall.
- Calories give you the energy you need to work out and keep you running.
There are various types of food that are rich in protein, including beef, pork and chicken. However, the best that you can eat when trying to build muscle is dairy products such as:
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Supplements like optimum nutrition whey protein or body supreme whey protein powders.
For fats, it’s important that you eat the right kind, namely healthy fats. Here are some of the best for building muscle:
- Fish oil – Omega 3 fatty acids are excellent for reducing inflammation as well as offering other health benefits such as reduced risk of a stroke or heart attack. It can also directly boost fat loss and muscle growth.
- Conjugated Linolenic Acid – You can get CLA from borage oil, evening primrose oil and so on. This can help you build muscle whilst reducing body fat by preventing your body from storing fat consumed.
- Fat Supplements – There are some excellent supplements for burning fat such as Optimum Fish Oil Softgels.
If you’re not sure about the best foods to eat, there are plenty of guides and advice articles available online to guide you through and help you make the best decisions.
When it comes to supplements, there is often a bit of confusion over what’s safe and what’s not. Generally, sports supplement powders are natural and are therefore nothing to worry about, though supplements should never be used in place of diet. Instead, it should be used to boost what you’re currently doing.
There are plenty of body supplements for body builders available to purchase from any good nutritional supplier, just make sure that you fully understand what these supplements do and that you’re thoroughly informed in how to use them during your workout and routine. As stated previously, these supplements are not to be used in place of food and shouldn’t be allowed to lead to bad eating and dietary habits that might negatively impact on your body building and weight loss efforts.
Ensure that your diet contains rich in protein, healthy fats and vitamins and you’ll be well on your way to a new body in no time.